Dear newlyweds, to help you plan your wedding on our beautiful island, we have prepared for you some interesting information (links) that will surely help you!
Get married on the Island of Krk
Getting married on the Island of Krk can be done in civil form (in front of a Registrar) or in religious form with the effects of a civil marriage (in front of a religious community official who has regulated legal relations with Croatia).
The costs of getting married conducted by the Registrar
The total amount of expenses that the groom and the bride have to pay is 210 kuna (about 30,00 Euros) of administrative fees for the drafting of the minutes of the marriage contract and for the act of getting married in front of the Registrar.
If you wish to have a marriage outside the official premises, you need to pay a special fee. Her height depends of the distance of the marriage venue from the official room, the time of marriage, marriage on Sundays, holidays or non-working days. For the first copy of a maternity wedded marriage, no administrative fee is payable because the extract is issued ex officio.
More information about getting married can be found (only in Croatian language) on the web site:
Marriage of foreign nationals
In Croatia, marriage may also be concluded by foreigners and must meet the same conditions for marriage as well as Croatian citizens.
For the purpose of marriage, foreign nationals shall attach:
- the excerpt from birth certificates issued in the country of birth in accordance with international treaties and conventions with translation into Croatian,
- a certificate of free marital status issued by an alien in accordance with international treaties and conventions with translation into Croatian,
- confirmation that there is no obstacle to the marriage of a foreign citizen in the Republic of Croatia and that marriage will be recognized in the country of which he is a citizen with a translation into the Croatian language (this certificate may form an integral part of the certificate of free marital status)
- Identification document (with picture) and
- proof of citizenship (passport).